Where beautiful wearable art is created

Lorie Lynn Designs was created in memory of a dear friend, Lorie York, who died of breast cancer in 2006. We donate 10% of our sales to local breast cancer programs.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

New Tools

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am like a kid on Christmas morning when I get new tools in the mail!!! 

I had the BEST day today because I got to put out all of the new tools I have gotten in the last couple of weeks.  I haven't been spending much time at the studio lately because during the summer months I have my 13 year old grandson with me during the week, and he just isn't too much into watching Grandma work on jewelry! 

Anyway, I finally had a day to myself so I high tailed it over here to the studio this morning and started unpacking boxes.  Oh, what a fun time I had!! 

I set up my jump ring maker and disc cutter: 




Then I set up my new drill press

I also have a new flex shaft, but I couldn't put it up today because - silly me - I didn't order the stand for it!!  Got that ordered today, so hopefully will have it up and running soon!



My darling hubby got the vent hood installed last week, so now I can vent out some of those yucky smells that occur when you are torching things. 

I am holding my first class in the studio next Saturday, July 9th - Metal etching!!  I am so excited that it is finally coming together and becoming what I had dreamed of. 

I can't wait for tomorrow because then I will actually have time to play with all of my new tools!!!!

No comments: