Where beautiful wearable art is created

Lorie Lynn Designs was created in memory of a dear friend, Lorie York, who died of breast cancer in 2006. We donate 10% of our sales to local breast cancer programs.

Friday, January 13, 2012

Learning A New Skill

I have wanted to learn to enamel on metal for so long, but I was always afraid to dive in.  I thought I would need to buy all of this expensive equipment - a bigger kiln, trivets, enameling fork, and on and on.  Oh how happy I was to find out I could do it with just my torch and a bead mandrel!! 

Thanks to a wonderful friend, Ginger, who is also an amazing jewelry artist http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeBeauPapillon; I have found a new addiction!!




This technique turned out to be so much easier than I thought it would be and the results are just amazing!  I love watching the color come alive as the piece cools off.  The possibilities are endless!! 


Now everything I look at I wonder if it can be enameled!!  lol

No comments: