Where beautiful wearable art is created

Lorie Lynn Designs was created in memory of a dear friend, Lorie York, who died of breast cancer in 2006. We donate 10% of our sales to local breast cancer programs.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Something New

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter.  I had a good day.  I did something today that I NEVER do.  I got up, cooked breakfast for my husband and then I went back to bed!  I didn't get up until 11 am!  That felt so good.  I have been pushing myself pretty hard getting ready for The Burlap Harlot Show and Roses and Rust, and I just ended up absolutely exhausted. 

I spent the afternoon sewing, which is something I don't do much of anymore.  Not because I don't like to sew, I actually love to sew, but because I just never have time.  I want to have some new and fun things to sell at the upcoming shows - something besides jewelry, so I spent the afternoon making adorable burlap gift bags.  The ones I made today are small, about 5" x 8".  I plan on making some a little larger if I can find the time.  They aren't quite done - I still have to put handles on them, so I am not posting a picture yet. 

I spent yesterday doing something new too.  I was just burned out on making jewelry and I was sitting in the studio staring at a basket full of vintage flatware wondering what I could do with the larger pieces.  I decided to pound the heck out of them and flatten them.  Then I heated them and turned the handles up to make a hook.  I stamped words on them and they became hooks for various items.  I will also be selling these at The Burlap Harlot Show and Roses and Rust.  I have another idea that I will work on tomorrow. 


I had a couple of other ideas pop into my head today too.  I'm excited to be doing something New. 

No comments: