Where beautiful wearable art is created

Lorie Lynn Designs was created in memory of a dear friend, Lorie York, who died of breast cancer in 2006. We donate 10% of our sales to local breast cancer programs.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Cleaning Day

Today was a very productive day.  I started out by going to the gym this morning with my son.  I cleaned house and finished my laundry, baked some cookies (kind of undid the gym thing), sorted through a bunch of papers getting things ready for taxes!  Whew, I'm tired just reading this. 

It did feel really good to get those things accomplised.  I did not, however, get any jewelry work done today, but sometimes we just have to take a day away from the creative endeavors.  I feel much less stressed having a clean house and cookies to eat!

Well, I placed ads on Craigs List for my glass fusing kilns......what a joke!   The only responses I have gotten are scams.  It didn't take me long to figure those out.  If you ever list anything on Craigs List, especially anything of value, you will get tons of offers from people who want you to hold the item for them and they will send you a "certified check".  They can't come in person because they are too busy, so they will send their "movers" or "friends" to pick the item up.  They want you to send them all of your information so they can send a "check".  Don't fall for these offers, they are scams.  The "certified check" will bounce and they will have your item, which they will then sell.  All of these offers sound almost exactly alike although they are from different email addresses.  It's almost like a script.  When you respond by telling them that you will only accept cash, you never hear from them again.  It's so sad that these vultures are out there, making it very hard for honest people to sell, or buy, items. 

I'm going to try putting an ad in the Sacramento Bee and maybe a paper in the Bay Area.  I've pretty much given up on Craigs List. 

No comments: