Where beautiful wearable art is created

Lorie Lynn Designs was created in memory of a dear friend, Lorie York, who died of breast cancer in 2006. We donate 10% of our sales to local breast cancer programs.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Glass studio

Well, I managed to get about half of my glass studio cleaned today.  I am trying to sort through all of my supplies and molds to decide what to keep and what to sell.  I am going to sell most of my glass fusing supplies and 2 of my kilns.  I am finding that I just don't have time to commit to such an expensive "hobby", now that keeping up with the jewelry is taking most of my time. 

I am going to keep one kiln and my jewelry kiln and a few small molds, but will be selling everything else.  It took me a long time to make this decision and I really agonized over it.  I love glass fusing, but it is very expensive and because of that, it is hard to sell the finished product.  I will still be able to make fused glass items, but they will be small things like; boxes, bowls, some vases, and jewelry. 

Sometimes we just have to eliminate sources of stress, and this had become a source of stress for me because I could never find time for it. 

No comments: